Wednesday, July 18, 2012

curlformers

I have naturally wavy hair, which I usually have to flat iron into submission. If I don't, my hair is just a hot mess of frizz and poof. 

I wanted to give my mop a break from all that heat, while emphasizing my God-given waves/curls. I went into Sally's one day to see what they had, and the saleswoman recommended Curlformers. I bought a pack of eight, which cost $13 or $14. I also had to buy the hook, which was about $5. I have fine hair, so I figured one pack would suffice. If you have super thick hair, you would probably need two or three packs.

So, anyhow, after sitting unused in my bathroom drawer for over a month (aside from letting Evan play with them sometimes when I was busy trying to get ready in the morning), I finally decided to give them a try last night.

A few strands went through without a problem. Other strands got tangled up a couple times before going through. The whole process only took about 10-15 minutes, but I'm sure it will only get easier with practice. They were a little uncomfortable to sleep on, but it wasn't unbearable. If you want more detailed instructions on how to use them, you would just go to the Curlformers website. They have everything from tutorials to styling ideas there.

So I slept on them overnight and woke up earlier than usual, eager to see the results. Taking them off took less than a minute! The curls were super tight and bouncy, making my hair look significantly shorter than usual. I broke up the curls several times over with my fingers and pulled down on them to stretch them out. I flat ironed my side-swept bangs, but they didn't blend well with the rest of my hair, since they are in dire need of a trim. I am going to buy some clips on the way home so I can clip my bangs up/off to the side tomorrow.

Anyhow, I took this picture on my lunch break. Keep in mind, I think we're at 100% humidity for the day. Also, I didn't add any product this morning, so the curls have lost a bit of definition and aren't as smooth as they were in the AM.


All in all, I am very happy with the end result. Next time I will be sure to add some product after I remove the Curlformers to keep the curls nice and smooth. I also think I'm going to put the Curlformers on a bit lower next time (about halfway down the strands) so just the ends curl.

I've heard these work on short hair, medium hair, long hair, straight hair, wavy hair, ethnic hair - every type of hair! If you're looking for easy, no-heat curls, I highly recommend this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment